At the Institute of Vascular Signalling, Center for Molecular Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine, Goethe University, a post-doc position (E13) “Vascular metabolism and RNA regulation” (available from 01.10.2019, for a period of 2 years)
Within the framework of a German Research Foundation – funded research project focused on determining metabolism-dependent alterations in RNA species.
The position requires the following:
- Participation in a research project focusing on the consequences of AMPK and metabolism-dependent alterations in RNA species (splicing, editing etc) and its link to cardiovascular homeostasis and disease development.
- Collection of experimental data, analysis and documentation of the results and preparation of the material for publication.
- A thematic high-level project in an internationally recognized group, which is part of the Vascular Research Center Frankfurt (vrc.uni-frankfurt.de).
- Rooms, housed in a new research building, with modern facilities and analysis possibilities from integrative physiology to mass spectroscopy.
- National and international networking – The Institute is part of the DFG Cluster of Excellence “Cardiopulmonary Institute” and the German Center for Cardiovascular Research (DZHK).
- A completed, very good PhD in biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, molecular medicine or a related discipline.
- Training in RNA and protein biochemistry, molecular biology and sequencing techniques.
- Training in the analysis of large data sets.
- Good self organization and team working abilities.
- While German is not necessary, excellent English is required in both written and spoken language.
Applications with the usual documents (in a single PDF file) and the names and contact details of 2-3 referees should be submitted in electronic form until 15.09.2019 to Prof. Dr. I. Fleming (firstname.lastname@example.org).