At the Institute of Vascular Signalling, Center for Molecular Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine, Goethe University, a post-doc position (E13 TV-G-U) to study novel lipid mediators within the framework of a German Research Foundation Collaborative Research Centre (SFB 1039) – funded research project is available from 1st February 2020 for an initial period of 18 months.
The position requires the following:
• Participation in a research project focusing on identifying novel lipid mediators and clarifying their role in cell and tissue metabolism (see Nature 2017;552:248-252).
• Collection of experimental data, analysis and documentation of the results and preparation of the material for publication.
• a thematic high-level project in an internationally recognized group, which is part of the Vascular Research Center Frankfurt (www.vrc.uni-frankfurt.de).
• Lab space in a new research building, with modern facilities and analysis possibilities from integrative physiology to mass spectroscopy.
• National and international networking – The Institute is part of the DFG Cluster of Excellence “Cardiopulmonary Systems” (www.eccps.de) and the German Center for Cardiovascular Research (www.DZHK.de).
• A completed, very good doctoral degree in biology, biotechnology, molecular medicine or an equivalent discipline.
• Experience in cardiovascular biology / physiology and ideally experience in working with lipid mediators.
• Good self-organization and team working abilities.
• While German is not necessary, excellent written and spoken English is required.
Applications with the usual documents (in a single PDF file) and the names and contact details of 3 referees should be submitted in electronic form until January 15th 2020 to Prof. Dr. Ingrid Fleming (firstname.lastname@example.org).