PhD studentship at the Institute of Vascular Signalling, Center for Molecular Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine, Goethe University, (from 01.01.2019, for a period of 3 years with initial review after 12 months), within the framework of a project focused on determining the consequences of protein sulfhydration in cardiovascular physiology/pathophysiology.
The position requires the following:
- Participation in a research project focusing on the regulation of the formation and the consequences of hydrogen sulfide formation and protein sulfhydration in different tissues under physiological and pathophysiological conditions in in vitro and in vivo
- Collection of experimental data, analysis and documentation of the results and preparation of the material for publication.
- a thematic high-level project in an internationally recognized group, which is part of the Vascular Research Center Frankfurt (vrc.uni-frankfurt.de).
- Rooms, housed in a new research building, with modern facilities and analysis possibilities from integrative physiology to mass spectroscopy.
- National and international networking – The Institute is part of the DFG Cluster of Excellence “Cardiopulmonary Institute” and the German Center for Cardiovascular Research (DZHK.de).
- A completed, very good MSc in biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, molecular medicine or a related discipline.
- Training in protein biochemistry, proteomics, post translational modifications etc.
- Good self organization and team working abilities.
- While German is not necessary, excellent English is required in both written and spoken language.
Applications with the usual documents (in a single PDF file) and the names and contact details of 3 referees should be submitted in electronic form until 15.11.2018 to Prof. Dr. I. Fleming (email@example.com).