PhD studentship available at the Institute of Vascular Signalling, Center for Molecular Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine, Goethe University
Within the framework of a German Research Foundation-funded project focused on the biological actions of lipid mediators. See link
The position includes the following tasks:
- Participation in a research project focusing on the membrane actions of novel lipid mediators and their role in physiology and the development of cardiovascular diseases in in vitro and in vivo models (see Nature, (2017) 552, 248-252).
- A thematic high-level project in an internationally recognized group, which is part of the Vascular Research Center Frankfurt (www.vrc.uni-frankfurt.de).
- Rooms, housed in a new research building, with modern facilities and analysis possibilities from integrative physiology to mass spectroscopy.
- National and international networking – The Institute is part of the DFG Cluster of Excellence “Cardiopulmonary Systems” (www.eccps.de) and the German Center for Cardiovascular Research (DZHK.de).
- A completed, very good MSc in biology, biotechnology, molecular medicine or a related discipline.
- Experience in cardiovascular biology / physiology.
- Good self-organization and team working abilities.
- While German is not necessary, excellent English is required in both written and spoken language.
Applications with the usual documents (in a single PDF file) and the names and contact details of 3 referees should be submitted in electronic form until 15.06.2018 to Prof. Dr. I. Fleming (firstname.lastname@example.org).