Trainee travel awards to attend IVBM 2018:
EVBO will be awarding 5 x €500 travel awards to trainees presenting abstracts at the International Vascular Biology meeting in in Helsinki, Finland (June 3-7, 2018). These will only be available to EVBO members presenting an abstract.
To apply for the award, register and submit an abstract to the IVBM2018 meeting and indicate that you are applying for the EVBO award within the online abstract submission. Please see the meeting website.
- The medal can be awarded to scientists who made the significant contribution to vascular biology and to EVBO.
- Nominations to the EVBO medal can be proposed by EVBO council members or EVBO members (and supported by two council members).
- The decision is based on the evaluation of the nomination(s) by the EVBO council.
- The EVBO medal can be given every year at the meetings to which EVBO is a major/co-organizer (like EVBO meetings or IVBM).
- The council can decide to award the medal on the other occasions. No more than 3-5 medals can be awarded per year.
- The EVBO medal laureate will receive a medal and an honorary diploma
EVBO Scientific Award (ESA):
- The EVBO will establish the EVBO Scientific Award (ESA).
- The EVBO Scientific Award can be awarded to an outstanding researcher for the seminal contribution to vascular biology.
- The ESA is awarded every two years during the EVBO conference.
- Nominations to the ESA can be proposed by EVBO council members or EVBO members (and supported by two council members).
- The decision is based on the evaluation of the nomination(s) by the EVBO council. External reviewers will be invited.
- The EVBO Scientific Award laureate will receive an honorary plaque and a small cash award (to be determined by the Council).
- The EVBO council may choose to modify the name of the EVBO Scientific Award in the future (for example, to be named after a scientist).