Travel awards to attend ESM-EVBO meeting in Maastrict, The Netherlands (April 15-18th, 2019)
EVBO Travel Awards
10 travel awards are available (300 EUR each) to trainees presenting abstracts at the meeting in Maastricht, The Netherlands (April 15-18th, 2019). These will only be available to EVBO members presenting an abstract and the committee reviewing the abstract submissions will select the awardees.
To apply for the award, register and submit an abstract to the ESM-EVBO 2019 meeting and indicate that you are applying for the EVBO award within the online abstract submission. Please see the meeting website for further details, deadlines and other awards .
- The medal can be awarded to scientists who made the significant contribution to vascular biology and to EVBO.
- Nominations to the EVBO medal can be proposed by EVBO council members or EVBO members (and supported by two council members).
- The decision is based on the evaluation of the nomination(s) by the EVBO council.
- The EVBO medal can be given every year at the meetings to which EVBO is a major/co-organizer (like EVBO meetings or IVBM).
- The council can decide to award the medal on the other occasions. No more than 3-5 medals can be awarded per year.
- The EVBO medal laureate will receive a medal and an honorary diploma
EVBO Scientific Award (ESA):
- The EVBO will establish the EVBO Scientific Award (ESA).
- The EVBO Scientific Award can be awarded to an outstanding researcher for the seminal contribution to vascular biology.
- The ESA is awarded every two years during the EVBO conference.
- Nominations to the ESA can be proposed by EVBO council members or EVBO members (and supported by two council members).
- The decision is based on the evaluation of the nomination(s) by the EVBO council. External reviewers will be invited.
- The EVBO Scientific Award laureate will receive an honorary plaque.
- The EVBO council may choose to modify the name of the EVBO Scientific Award in the future (for example, to be named after a scientist).
Please see EVBO Medal and Lecture Criteria for additional information on how to apply