The EVBO Award lecture (2020)
Dr Mariona Graupera, Bellvitge Institute for Biomedical Research, Barcelona
The EVBO medal (2019)
Prof Elisabetta Dejana, Uppsala and IFOM/Milano University
The EVBO award lecture (2019)
Dr Rui Benedito, Spanish National Centre for Cardiovascular Research, Madrid
Travel Awards presented at ESM-EVBO meeting in Maastricht, 2019
James Walker (King’s College London, UK)
Christina Warboys (Imperial College London,UK)
Alexander Langford-Smith (Manchester Metropolitan University, UK)
Lucie Bourne (Royal Veterinary College, London, UK)
Aleksandra Kopacz (Kraków, Poland)
Poster prizes presented at ESM-EVBO meeting in Maastricht, 2019
Francesca Vacante (Edinburgh University, UK)
James Oo (Frankfurt University, Germany)
Maximiliano Arata (Aarhuus, Denmark)
Jan Nagenborg (Maastricht, NL)
Rajkumar Rajanathan (Aarhuus, Denmark)
- The medal can be awarded to scientists who made the significant contribution to vascular biology and to EVBO.
- Nominations to the EVBO medal can be proposed by EVBO council members or EVBO members (and supported by two council members).
- The decision is based on the evaluation of the nomination(s) by the EVBO council.
- The EVBO medal can be given every year at the meetings to which EVBO is a major/co-organizer (like EVBO meetings or IVBM).
- The council can decide to award the medal on the other occasions. No more than 3-5 medals can be awarded per year.
- The EVBO medal laureate will receive a medal and an honorary diploma
EVBO Lecture (ESA):
- The EVBO will establish the EVBO Lecture.
- The EVBO Lecture can be awarded to an outstanding researcher for the seminal contribution to vascular biology.
- The EVBO Lecture is awarded every two years during the EVBO conference.
- Nominations to the EVBO Lecture can be proposed by EVBO council members or EVBO members (and supported by two council members).
- The decision is based on the evaluation of the nomination(s) by the EVBO council. External reviewers will be invited.
- The EVBO Lecture laureate will receive an honorary plaque.
- The EVBO council may choose to modify the name of the EVBO Lecture in the future (for example, to be named after a scientist).
Please see EVBO Medal and Lecture Criteria for additional information on how to apply