- The medal can be awarded to scientists who made the significant contribution to vascular biology and to EVBO.
- Nominations to the EVBO medal can be proposed by EVBO council members or EVBO members (and supported by two council members).
- The decision is based on the evaluation of the nomination(s) by the EVBO council.
- The EVBO medal can be given every year at the meetings to which EVBO is a major/co-organizer (like EVBO meetings or IVBM).
- The council can decide to award the medal on the other occasions. No more than 3-5 medals can be awarded per year.
- The EVBO medal laureate will receive a medal and an honorary diploma
EVBO Lecture (ESA):
- The EVBO will establish the EVBO Lecture.
- The EVBO Lecture can be awarded to an outstanding researcher for the seminal contribution to vascular biology.
- The EVBO Lecture is awarded every two years during the EVBO conference.
- Nominations to the EVBO Lecture can be proposed by EVBO council members or EVBO members (and supported by two council members).
- The decision is based on the evaluation of the nomination(s) by the EVBO council. External reviewers will be invited.
- The EVBO Lecture laureate will receive an honorary plaque.
- The EVBO council may choose to modify the name of the EVBO Lecture in the future (for example, to be named after a scientist).
Please see EVBO Medal and Lecture Criteria for additional information on how to apply